Sun and sky background

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Talking!

Luke has started talking! On Saturday he said "Da Da".  Matt is very proud that his first word was "Da":)   The jury is out whether or not he is connecting the actual words to Matt, but we'll take it!  We are so thrilled by this development milestone.  After a couple days of steady "Da da da da da's" he added some "ya ya's" to the mix too.  I'm crossing my fingers that "Ma Ma's" makes a debut soon.



He has also started to dance, which is a-dor-able.  When we play music he stomps his little feet and dances around in a circle and shakes his head from side to side.  Seriously, it may be the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I'm trying to get it on video to show everyone.  Cross your fingers.

Finally, he got a haircut, the second of his life.  I know just last week I was talking about how we liked it long, but it was looking pretty scraggily so we thought we'd give him a tiny trim.  Matt and I trimmed it last night spontaneously and immediately mourned the loss of his long hair, but after a day we've gotten used to it and now we think it is cute.  Here's a before and after.

Before
After
Last Saturday we went to Nicki and Andy Bullock's house for a fun dinner party.  We had a nice time with our friends, thanks!


This past Sunday we were very excited to introduce Luke to Uncle Jay, Uncle Mike, Kevin and Julie.  Aunt Penny and Uncle Jay hosted a fun barbeque at their house in Schaumburg, and Uncle Mike, Cousin Kevin and his girlfriend Julie came over too.  Kristin, Cory, PJ and Dad came down to join in on the fun visit (Mom was on a Girls' Weekend).  

Snuggling with Grandpa

PJ driving a car over Kevin:)


Here are a couple other cute shots from the week:

Throwing my toys down the stairs.


At my first gymnastics class - I love the ball pit the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment