Sun and sky background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Date Night

This past weekend Matt & I had a date night!  We attended a formal dinner dance for Matt's company and decided to make it a night out in the city.  With Donna and Emil's help watching Lukers (thank you!), we headed downtown midday on Saturday to have a nice lunch and a quick trip to the Field Museum before going to our party.  After we hit the annual post-party it was so nice to be able to head to our hotel room instead of making the drive back to Lake Forest. The ability to sleep in was amazing, of course, and then to top it off we  went to brunch at our former West Loop fave Meli.  When we got home G&G and Luke were at the mall playground, so we headed right over to the local park to get some ice skating in.  We both got ice skates for Christmas and were eager to break them in.  It was so fun!


Reinacting his proposal at "proposal point" at the Shedd Aquarium

The next Kristi Yamaguchi?  I think so!


In Luke news, he is almost completely over his cold and is back to his old mischievous self.  He has gotten really good at throwing balls, I'm not sure if I've updated on that yet.  He can really let them fly!  He also LOVES books.  I would say that looking at books is his favorite pastime.  He likes to lift the flaps and point at the animals and turn the pages.  We have a voracious reader on our hands! 

Not sure that is the 
Sitting in the book basket


Sloppy Joe?  No, Sloppy Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment