With Kristin, Cory & PJ, not to mention Katie, Joe & Isabelle, all moving out West to Tucson - it soon became clear that I would need to squeeze in a trip out there before I became too preggers to travel. Happily we were able to plan an extended weekend just before Thanksgiving to do just that. Matt stayed home with the Dukerson so I could have a relaxing and fun mini-girls weekend. Not only did I get to see the new houses, new school, new neighborhoods and new "must do's" of the Tucson area - I got to spend plain ole quality time with my favorite ladies (that's including PJ and Isabelle, of course). From the moment I got off the plane and Katie & Kristin picked me up for a fun lunch and pedicure, the good times didn't end. Being with them made me miss them even more when I got back, if that is possible, since it is now quite fresh what I'm missing on a regular basis:) But I was definitely happy and grateful to get a full dose of them while I could and it will sustain me until Christmas!
 |
| This is PJ's cubby at school - she goes to the International School of Tucson and is in the Spanish immersion program. Paige has become such a big girl even since September. I found her more like a little girl and less like the small child I think of her as. It is so fun to be around her, she's so smart and funny! |
 |
| GORGEOUS views from K&C's GORGEOUS new home. This pic is from their sweet rooftop deck. All of their renovations are seriously amazing. I urge everyone who is able to make a trip out there and stay in their luxurious accommodations! |
 |
| Their resort-like pool and hot tub, complete with picturesque palm tree. Kristin and I agree that while the pool fence detracts from the resort like atmosphere, it is certainly a comfort knowing it is there to keep our kiddos safe. |
 |
| Front of K&C's new house, on our way out the door for a fun dog walk around the neighborhood. So weird to see all the dirt and rocks and no grass in all the yards! |
 |
| Isabelle (left), Isabelle's bow (center), and Katie (right). Adorableness!!! We all went out to dinner at one of their favorite places. |
 |
| Godmother & Goddaughter:) |
 |
| We all went to Katie & Joe's temporary home's community pool on Saturday. The views were also awesome there. |
 |
| Saturday night Katie, with her Mom's help, made a delicious ham dinner feast! Yum! |
 |
| Isabelle and PJ get along great! Isabelle is crawling now and is seriously the happiest baby I've ever met. She is 100% sweetness, love love love her! |
 |
| Ham! Pass the horseradish sauce! (I'm obsessed with that sauce, by the way. I literally made my Mom serve it when she had ham at her house a week later.) |
 |
| Kitty obstruction! Kristin and I stayed up late watching old music videos on You Tube. A good use of time! Did you know actress Debi Mazar starred in one of Madonna's earliest music videos? Little known fact that now you know! |
 |
| Sunday trip to breathtaking nearby Sabino Canyon |
 |
| Loved the little hike at the top of the tram tour. |
 |
| The tres amigas |
 |
| Tram time! |
 |
| The Carpenter's with their new home landscape as a backdrop. |
 |
| Katie & Joe's new house that they are renovating before they move in, which should be in December. Another beautiful home with superb new work done to it. |
 |
| Very fun Sunday afternoon pizza dinner and theater show "Scrooge" at the Gaslight Theater. Weird to go to a classic holiday show when it feels like June outside! |

 |
| Catnap before FROST, which is only the best gelato this side of the Atlantic! |
 |
| Flying away into the sunset...goodbye my loved ones! Until next time, Tucson! |
No comments:
Post a Comment