Sun and sky background

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Quiet Weekend

This week back in November was pretty low key.  Just fun with friends and settling into the cold / Fall season.  Emil had his long anticipated back surgery, too, and it went well.  Now just the recovery period to get through.


In the rush of the mornings where I'm getting ready for work, Luke is getting ready for school and Matt is getting Luke breakfast and making his lunch that Claire is the only one who is able to just chill out (her preschool doesn't start until 12:30).  Sometimes she just chooses to snuggle herself up on the bench!
Luke forgot to do his homework one night so was quickly doing it in the morning before school.

Madhouse playtime in the basement with the slack line up and the bounce house that no longer holds air very well.
Friday night I went to yoga at the top of the Sears tower with some girlfriends, so Matt & Steve and the kids did make-your-own-pizza and movie night at our house.



Movie time
Yoga at the top of the Willis (Sears) Tower was fun, but the cloud cover meant there were no views to enjoy




Skydeck was kinda creepy!

Matt and I watched an episode of "Shameless" in the hot tub.  We're shamelessly spoiled!

Craft time with the kiddos.  Luke checked out a book of Fall crafts from the library and so we did one of them.  We collected leaves and then applied them with wax to candles.  



Finished works of art

Apple pie making on Sunday, yum yum.  Finally using the giant bag of apples I bought when I was with Mom in WI a few weeks ago.


The patient




Pulling the kids around the house

Anteater game still a crowd pleaser

No comments:

Post a Comment